Food by Design creates new and emerging systems that develop resource abundant communities. This is accomplished by securing food, human resources and local economies. A new emerging system is a system that operates through co-operation, integrity, beauty, and loving kindness. One that creates the conditions for individuals and communities to achieve their greatest potential and thrive on the level of body, mind, and spirit.
Food by Design was created with the purpose of :
- Creating healthier food systems in underserved communities
- Providing job-training through urban farms and residential gardens
- Creating a new model for social and environmental leadership
- Creating economically and resource abundant communities
- Developing alternative systems of delivery within each community.